Welcome back friends! We are on a roll this week aren’t we?! Well, you can get used to this pace. We are so excited to be sharing tips and tricks from our amazing vendors with you! Today we want to share tips for the perfect bridal hair!
We have chatted with the stylists over at Salon 11 and we have the scoop! So, let’s be honest, every bride has multiple wedding Pinterest boards, and it’s pretty safe to say, one of those is dedicated to the hair styles that you would love to have on your wedding day! We realized that there are quite a few steps between the inspiration pic and the finished look. And after talking with some of the fabulous stylists at Salon 11 we quickly realized there are even MORE things to think about and prepare for than we realized in the first place! So, let’s get down to it!
HOW TO PREP FOR YOUR DREAM BRIDAL HAIR
- Okay, this one is pretty obvious. Research and scout out the styles you like. Do you have your heart set on a whimsy up-do? Are you dreaming about long flowing locks? Or is a half up-do with a luscious braid more your style? What style is going to compliment your dress? Even though this one is obvious, it is probably most important!
- When should you schedule a dry run? Oh, you didn’t realize there was such a thing!? Yes ma’am! A practice run should be scheduled with your stylist in plenty of time before your wedding (a few weeks before). It’s also a good idea to plan your practice run on a day you have another festivity [bridal shower, engagement party, etc.]!
- How is your hair looking these days? This one kind of makes me laugh because I am totally guilty! It goes without saying, there is no way you can walk down the isle with your roots showing, with the accidental dye job that turned out less than, or with the split ends that are so bad they will show up in photos [yikes!]. The professionals recommend getting all these situations taken care of 8-10 days before your big day! This allows time for the color to tone down and the shock factor to settle!
- Keep in mind you may need a little extra to make your dream wedding day hair a reality. And by extra, I’m talking about extensions! Salon 11’s Great Lengths Extensions are the perfect addition to make sure your hair is long enough or thick enough!
- A few questions that gets asked all the time, what products does the bride need to provide and what products does the bride and her maids need to keep on hand for the wedding? The owner of Salon 11, Dixie, answered both of these and even gave us a little laugh “Products should be provided by your stylist, if your stylist isn’t with you on site , we always recommend a few pins , Bumble and Bumble does it all spray for touch ups – You never know when someone may have to much champagne before the wedding and need a little spray.”
There you have it friends! All the essentials for preparing for the best wedding day hair possible!!
Hair by Salon 11 | Image by Ashley Upchurch Photography for Elle James Bridal